Having more nutrient-dense vs nutrient-depleting beverage options to keep you company at your desk, in your car, or wherever you feel you need a pick-me-up drink may be the game changer for kissing the caffeine-sugar crash cycle good-bye.
Here are a few simple suggestions:
– Soda replacement: Fizzy without the Flux (blood sugar fluctuations from high-fructose corn syrup or sugar)
– 1 scoop flavored magnesium OR vitamin C powder (magnesium is a systemic relaxant, Vitamin C provides energy and is good for your immune system)
– 1 liter (4 cups) of water, with or without ice
– Sweet tea swap: Sweet and Spicy options – Try a delicious blend of warming spices that are surprisingly sweet. No need for sugar in these. Try them hot or on ice! Cinnamon, a common ingredient, may be helpful for controlling blood sugar.
– Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings, Spiced Apple Cider by Teavana, Sweet & Spicy by Good Earth, Cinnamon Vanilla by Stash, Stress Ease Cinnamon by Traditional Medicinals.
– Coffee alternatives: Check out Chicory-based blends – Rich in prebiotic fiber, chicory is a herbaceous plant that stems from the dandelion family. Prebiotic fiber is food for the beneficial bacteria in your gut aka the famous microbiome. Coffee, being acidic, cannot boast the soothing, nutritional qualities of alternatives like Teccino, Dandy Blend, or adaptogenic mushroom teas.